Sunday, August 12, 2012

Amplified Heat

Friday night I saw Amplified Heat play with Sabbath Crow (see post here: Sabbath Crow) and the new Jamey Simms Band at Headhunters. I've seen them a few times before and really liked them, so I was excited for the show. I caught the last half of the Jamey Simms band, but didn't have enough time to get any pictures. But they were really badass so I'll definitely be covering them soon. Sabbath Crow put on an amazing set, as always. Headliners Amplified Heat played a kind of psychedelic, blues-y rock and roll, with a strong emphasis on rock and roll. They manage to escape straight categorization and really do their own thing. I really liked their blues influence because, while it was pretty obvious, it didn't seem to restrict them. Brothers Jim, Gian and Chris Ortiz really made the venue explode with noise, in the best way possible. Guitarist/vocalist Jim has a very distinct voice and really knows what he's doing on guitar. Gian was on bass and kept the rhythm section moving forward while adding his own interpretation to the songs. However, with Chris on drums, the sound really exploded. I mean he is an incredible drummer and I was really blown away by his loud, fast and intense drumming. Overall they were awesome and I can't wait to catch them again.

Jim Ortiz (guitar, vocals), Gian Ortiz (bass), Chris Ortiz (drums)


Amplified Heat


Amplified Heat


Amplified Heat


Amplified Heat


Amplified Heat


Amplified Heat


Amplified Heat

No comments:

Post a Comment