Monday, July 23, 2012

Rise thy Ruin

Saturday night I got the opportunity to see Rise thy Ruin at Headhunters. I had heard good things about them and so I was interested to see what they have to offer. I found their music quite intriguing, in the best way possible. It could best be described as a kind of psychedelic doom with some noise elements in there as well. Their use of a keyboard player instead of a bassist was interesting but definitely worked. All of the instruments came together to produce some awesome sounds that rocked the outside stage. The place was pretty crowded and everyone seemed to be really into the music. They had great energy and they were really into what they were playing. I can't stand it when a band just stands there and plays; it's nice to see people who really enjoy what they're doing. And they were definitely into what they were playing. I greatly enjoyed the show and hope to be able to see Rise the Ruin again soon.


 Jay Thunderbird (guitar, vocals), Lor Dystopia (keys, vocals), J. Wolf (drums)

 Rise thy Ruin


Rise thy Ruin


Rise thy Ruin


Rise thy Ruin


Rise thy Ruin


Rise thy Ruin


Rise thy Ruin


Rise thy Ruin

No comments:

Post a Comment