Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bloody Knives

So I saw Bloody Knives for like the 18th time last night at Beerland. I really like them and they used to play with my bff Mel's band One Good Lung (see post) a lot. But I hadn't seen them in a while and I have to say, they've gotten even better. Most of the shows that I go to are played by bands with terrific energy and intensity. But I have to say that Bloody Knives rivals them all. I don't know how they do it; they were jumping around and headbanging the entire time. As far as their music goes, it's really hard to pin down into one or even three genres. They've definitely got some heavy stuff going on but it's very industrial and psychedelic-y as well. They've decided to opt out of having a guitarist and instead totally make it work with a bass, synthesizer and drums. It was loud and intense while being kind of trippy but not in-your-face or overdone. Vocalist/bassist Preston Maddox's ethereal and unabrasive vocals contrast well with the instrumentation but are definitely well suited to their sound. Overall, they're a great band and really nice guys. Their music is a nice change from the harsh, hardcore punk and extreme metal I've been hearing a lot lately. Props to the guys for producing some awesome, very original music!

 Preston Maddox (vocals, bass), Jim Moon (synth), Jake McCown (drums)


  Bloody Knives


Bloody Knives


Bloody Knives


Bloody Knives


Bloody Knives


Bloody Knives


Bloody Knives

2 comments:

  1. http://www.facebook.com/events/453006684727850/
    transmography
    bloody knives
    real book fake book
    laserz
    thursday june 7th

    ReplyDelete