Friday, March 16, 2012

SXSW- Corrosion of Conformity

I was really stoked to catch Corrosion of Conformity along with Zoroaster, Black Cobra, and Saviours at the SXSW Tone Deaf Showcase at Dirty Dog on Wednesday night. Rwake was scheduled to play, too, but I must have missed them. I love COC and was excited that it was an unofficial show cause I refuse to buy even a wristband. That it was the original line up made it even better, because Animosity has to be my favorite album. Their melding of metal and hardcore gives their music a unique sound without alienating devout fans of either genre. But what can I really say about COC that hasn't already been said? Not much, so I'm just going to say that the place was packed and the show totally killed. I didn't manage to get any pictures of Zoroaster, but I was ok with that because they're not really my favorite band. I like them better than some people, but again, they're not my favorite. Saviours were awesome, as always (check out my previous post on them here). And Black Cobra was great, too, but unfortunately I didn't manage to shoot them either. But I did manage to get some pics of COC and their vigorous set. While I think we all missed vocalist/guitarist Pepper Keenan (who's busy working with Down), the show was a success and they didn't sound like they were minus a member. I had a great time and can't wait to catch them again!


Corrosion of Conformity: Woodroe Weatherman (guitar), Mike Dean (bass, vocals), Reed Mullin (drums, vocals)

IMG_5073.jpg


IMG_5168.jpg


IMG_5132.jpg


IMG_5090.jpg


IMG_5083.jpg


IMG_5085.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment