Sunday, January 15, 2012

Pickled Punks

I hate Friday the 13th. I'm stupidly superstitious so I always get all paranoid when that day rolls around. So I'm not even joking when I say that I almost didn't go out at all haha. But I'm really glad that I did because I got to see the awesome local band, Pickled Punks, at Headhunters. Apparently a pickled punk is some kind of freaky human fetus in formaldehyde which, I think, is exactly why they chose it as their name. Their music was twangy but fast and loud. It was crazy and ridiculous and humorous and intense. Mike, on guitar, performed flawlessly, while upright bassist Jasen kept up the lively but intense tempo. Drummer Destin smashed his drum set, keeping time and adding his own style to the music. All the while, vocalist Spike was all over the place. Even while thrashing around in the middle of the crowd or on top of the bar, he never missed a beat. I had a great time at the show and I hope to see them again soon!


Spike (vocals), Mike (guitar), Jasen (upright bass), Destin (drums)

IMG_3338.jpg


IMG_3314.jpg


IMG_3361.jpg


IMG_3321.jpg


IMG_3278.jpg


IMG_3350.jpg


IMG_3367.jpg


IMG_3359.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment