Saturday, October 8, 2011

Saviours and Weedeater

I was excited to see Saviours and Weedeater Thursday night at Emo's and I certainly wasn't disappointed. First of all, I like Emo's a lot. The inside stage gives you the opportunity to get up close and really see the band in action. I was sorry to hear that they will be shutting down soon. I saw Saviours, who are from Oakland, California, a few months ago at Red 7 and they kicked ass, so I was looking forward to seeing them again. They played a very energetic and engaging set that everyone seemed to get into. My favorite part of going to see a show is seeing the band members in their element and clearly enjoying what they're playing, and I definitely felt that from both bands. I like Weedeater, who are originally from Wilmington, NC, a lot so I was excited to see them play. Before the show, I asked drummer Keith "Keko" Kirkum to play the title track off of God Luck and Good Speed which they did for their first song. Their aggressive playing and intense vocals made for a good live show. Overall it was a great experience and I think I can say that everyone had a good time.


Saviours: Sonny Reinhardt (guitar), Austin Barber (vocals, guitar), Carson Binks (bass), Scott Batiste (drums)

untitled-3.jpg


untitled.jpg


untitled-4.jpg


untitled.jpg


untitled.jpg


untitled-7.jpg


untitled-2.jpg


untitled-5.jpg


untitled-2.jpg


Weedeater: Dave "Dixie" Collins (vocals, bass), Dave Shepherd (guitar), Keith "Kedo" Kirkum (drums)

untitled-10.jpg


untitled-9.jpg


untitled-5.jpg


untitled-6.jpg


untitled-8.jpg


untitled-7.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment