Thursday, October 20, 2011

Danava

I wasn't sure what to expect from the Oregon-based band, Danava, who played at Mohawk last night. I had heard positive reviews so I trekked down there to check them out. Their sound was very unique and unusual and their music captivated me within the first few songs. While clearly influenced by Black Sabbath, I also heard Clutch references thrown around quite a bit. Their heavy emphasis on guitar riffs and drawn out vocals contributed to their singular sound. Considering the large, boisterous crowd, the show could have easily taken place on the outside stage. When the show ended, the persistent crowd demanded an encore and they happily obliged. The show was deemed a success by everyone and I hope to hear more from them in the future.


Gregory Meleney (vocals, lead guitar, synthesizers), Zachariah Dellorto-Blackwell (bass), Andrew Forgash (rhythm guitar), Matt Oliver (drums)

IMG_7227.jpg


IMG_7226.jpg


IMG_7233.jpg


IMG_7247.jpg


IMG_7253.jpg


IMG_7236.jpg


IMG_7261.jpg


IMG_7262.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment